The AIS Combat Centre is positioned within the “Athlete, Coaching and Leadership” branch of the AIS. The National Sporting Organisations representing the Olympic combat sports in Australia are Boxing Australia, Judo Federation of Australia, Sports Taekwondo Australia and Wrestling Australia.
The AIS Combat Centre offers a range of multi-sport facilities and services for boxing, wrestling, judo, taekwondo, karate and martial art disciplines. The facility has one national competition level boxing ring and two training boxing rings. An international wrestling mat and 900 square metres of judo or jigsaw mats.
Further, the AIS has a range of services to support a superior quality training and competition environment, which includes:
- Combat sport specific education sessions
- Recovery Centre
- Onsite accommodation and dining hall
- Strength and Conditioning gym
- Aquatic and Fitness facilities
- Grass playing fields
- High Performance Centre (sports medicine, science and testing facility)
- Numerous meeting and function rooms
The AIS has dedicated and experienced sports camp team that provides a seamless service to ensure your AIS experiences is optimised through:
- Developing your camp program
- Facilitating your service delivery
- Organising your accommodation and meals
- Organising athlete and coach transport
For more information on performance and training camps at the AIS visit https://www.experienceais.com/sports-camps.