Strength and Conditioning
Strength and conditioning is an integral part of the development of elite athletes.
The Strength and Conditioning discipline provides services in the areas of:
- injury prevention
- management and rehabilitation for the purposes of enhanced athletic performance during competition.
Each athlete’s program is individually tailored to meet their specific needs. These programs are designed by the AIS Strength and Conditioning staff, in consultation with sports medicine practitioners and sport coaches, to allow each athlete to progressively achieve their optimal performance. The aims of the AIS Strength and Conditioning program are to:
- Develop correct exercise skill or drill technique
- Improve the strength base of all athletes
- Create individual programs to address an athlete's specific strengths and weaknesses
- Improve athletes’ sports specific movements and techniques through agility and speed sessions
- Improve athletes’ physical conditioning through sport specific conditioning sessions.
Each athlete is required to fill in a training diary for each weight training session. This enables the Strength and Conditioning staff to monitor each athlete’s progress and adjust programs to enhance their development.
Technology also plays an important role in providing athletes and sports coaches with feedback on the athletes performance and progress.
The AIS Strength and Conditioning staff currently develop and deliver training programs for all Australian Winning Edge athletes. This covers Canberra based athletes as well as decentralised sports across Australia.
Any enquiries about the Strength & Conditioning Program can be directed to email@example.com.