It's time to submit entries for ASC Media Awards
29 Aug 2014
Time is running out to nominate for the 2014 Australian Sports Commission (ASC) Media Awards with entries set to close on September 12.
ASC CEO Simon Hollingsworth emphasised how much the organisation valued the prestigious awards, which are dedicated to acknowledging excellence in sports journalism, broadcasting and photography.
“I encourage all journalists, broadcasters and photographers to submit their best work as we recognise the contribution of the best sports journalism in Australia,” he said.
This year’s categories are:
1. Lifetime achievement award for contribution to sports journalism
2. Best reporting of an issue in sport
3. Best coverage of sport by an individual — television
4. Best coverage of sport by an individual — print media
5. Best coverage of sport by an individual — radio
6. Best coverage of a sporting event by a media organisation
7. Best promotion of sport for people with disability
8. Best promotion of women in sport
9. Best profiling of an athlete, team or coach — broadcast media
10. Best profiling of an athlete, team or coach — print media
11. Best sports journalism from rural, regional or suburban media
12. Best sports photography
13. Best depiction of the value of sport to Australians in a community setting
14. Best contribution to sport through digital media
15. Best analysis of the business of sport
Nominations for the awards will close Friday September 12 with finalists notified by Tuesday October 7. Winners will be announced at a gala dinner at Dockside in Sydney on Wednesday 19 November 2014.
Hollingsworth said the ASC Media Awards are the only dedicated sports media honours in Australia with multiple sport-related categories that allow different media to compete on their relative merits.
An expert panel made up of media, ASC and sport representatives will judge the entries.