Watch #YouCanPlayForum live on 5 November
04 Nov 2014
The Australian Sports Commission in partnership with the ACT Government and Play by the Rules, will host the You Can Play Forum in Canberra from 10:30am on Wednesday, 5 November 2014.
‘You Can Play’ is a national initiative to raise awareness about inclusive, safe and fair sport and help address homophobia and transphobia in sport.
SBS World News TV presenter Anton Enus will host the Forum and facilitate a panel of experts including:
- Minister Andrew Barr, Deputy Chief Minister of the ACT;
- Clyde Rathbone, Retired Brumbies Rugby and Wallabies player;
- Gus Johnston, Anti-homophobia campaigner and retired field hockey goalkeeper;
- Dr Caroline Symons, Leading Researcher and Senior Lecturer at Victoria University; and
- Heather Reid, CEO of Capital Football.
The Forum webcast will be streamed live online from 10.30am–11.30am, giving you the opportunity to participate no matter where you are.
You can lock it in your calendar and watch the live video feed here.
You can also join the conversation through the live chat facility or on Twitter using #youcanplayforum.
The ASC will continue to work together with its sporting partners and Play by the Rules to ensure that Australian sport is fair, safe and inclusive for everyone involved.
For more information about You Can Play or other anti-homophobia initiatives visit www.youcanplay.com.au.