Terms and conditions
- The Australian Sports Commission (ASC) may accept or reject any application for a Local Sporting Champions program (Program) grant in its absolute discretion.
- If the ASC decides to award a grant (Grant) to the applicant, the Grant will be made subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- The ASC will make a one-off payment to the successful Applicant (Applicant).
If the Applicant is required to be registered for GST:
a. the Grant will be increased by the prevailing rate of GST; and
b. before the Grant will be paid, the Applicant must indicate whether they require the ASC to generate a tax invoice on behalf of the Applicant. By selecting YES to Q11 in the application form, the Applicant is authorising the ASC to generate a tax invoice with respect to the Grant on the Applicant’s behalf.
If the Applicant is not required to be registered for GST, either:
a. the Applicant has indicated to the ASC that he or she is an individual and is participating in the nominated sporting championships as a recreational pursuit or hobby; or
b. the Applicant has provided the ASC with his or her Australian Business Number (ABN).
The Applicant must:
a. meet all eligibility criteria (as set out in the application form) for application and receipt of the Grant, and must promptly notify the ASC if he or she no longer fulfils all eligibility criteria;
b. only use the Grant towards the cost of travel, accommodation, uniforms or equipment for the nominated sporting championships, or where the championships has taken place, as a reimbursement for those purposes;
c. keep records detailing the use and expenditure of the Grant, and allow the ASC or its authorised representatives, to access these records for the purpose of auditing the use of the Grant;
d. when attending the nominated sporting championships, conduct him or herself in a dignified and reputable manner; and
e. when attending the nominated sporting championships, ensure that he or she agrees to be bound by, and comply with, the ASC’s Anti-Doping Policy available on the ASC’s website.
Without limitation to any other rights of the ASC, if the ASC reasonably believes, at any time following the award of the Grant, that the Applicant:
a. has provided false or misleading information in the application;
b. has not attended, or will not attend, the nominated sporting championships; or
c. has otherwise breached any of its obligations set out in these Terms and Conditions,
then the ASC may, by written notice, require the Applicant to repay the ASC, at the ASC’s absolute discretion, all or part of the Grant. The amount notified must be repaid within 30 days of any such notice. In addition, the ASC may decline any future grant application for the Program or any other grant program managed, operated, facilitated or funded by the ASC submitted by the Applicant.
- Before or after the award of the Grant, the Applicant must, if requested by the ASC, cooperate with the ASC in relation to publicity initiatives regarding the Program.
- Any personal information that is submitted via this application form is collected by the ASC for the purpose of considering applications for grants and administering the Program. The information collected may be disclosed to Members of Parliament and other government agencies for this purpose.
- Details of successful Applicants (including, but not limited to: biographical information such as their name, home state, sport, and any photo or video footage of them produced in connection with the Program; the value of the Grant awarded; and a brief description of the purpose for the Grant) may be released by the ASC to the public (including Members of Parliament and the Australian Government) and the media, and may be placed on the ASC or other appropriate websites (including various social media platforms), for promotional purposes and administering the Program.