Social Media Acceptable Use Policy
The Australian Sports Commission (ASC) and Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) welcomes all comments on our social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. We want to hear from our fans about what they love about the ASC, AIS, our athletes, coaches and our achievements.
You are welcome to express your views, comments, ideas, insights, and criticisms about the ASC/AIS.
At the same time, you should show courtesy and respect to others and must not use our social media channels to abuse others, expose others to offensive or inappropriate content, or for any illegal purpose.
When using our social media channels, please ensure that you:
- protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information about yourself or others in your posts to our social media channels (for example, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers)
- represent your own views and not impersonate or falsely represent any other person
- are not abusive and do not harass or threaten others
- do not make defamatory or libellous comments
- do not use insulting, provocative or hateful language
- do not use obscene or offensive language
- do not post material to our social media channels that infringes the intellectual property rights of others
- do not post multiple versions of the same view to the our social media channels or make excessive postings on a particular issue
- do not promote commercial interests in your posts to our social media channels
- do not include internet addresses or links to websites, or any email addresses in your post to our social media channels.
The ASC/AIS reserves the right to enforce this Acceptable Use Policy at its discretion. The ASC/AIS may remove any posted messages that it considers to be in breach of the Policy. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com
Social media privacy statement
The Australian Sports Commission (incorporating the Australian Institute of Sport) may record any information posted to one of our social media channels (including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) and may use that information for the purpose of administering its social media channels and considering and/or addressing any comments made. No attempt will be made to further identify users of our social media channels except where authorised by law. The Australian Sports Commission is not responsible for the privacy practices or content included on our social media channels or any linked websites. For further information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org